HALLOWEEN SAFETY TIPS from the Downs Police Department
Trick or Treating Hours, 10/31, 5-8 pm
We want everyone to be safe and enjoy the holiday by following these simple tips:
- Plan costumes that are bright and reflective
- Avoid masks that limit visibility. Carry flashlights
- Accompany young children on neighborhood rounds
- Avoid lighting pumpkins using real candles that could catch clothing on fire
- Turn on porch lights if you are giving out treats
- Reduce risk and don’t cut across yards. Be careful crossing streets especially in dimly lighted areas
- Homeowners should remove any potential tripping hazards in yards and porches
- Keep pets safe too!
Your police department will do our best to patrol the streets on Halloween!