The Assistant Treasurer is responsible for assisting the Treasurer with the management of the finances of the Village of Downs, including completing administrative tasks associated with the finances of the Village of Downs as established from time to time by the Board of Trustees of the Village of Downs (“Board”).
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Journal Entries
- Assist Treasurer with monthly journal entries.
- Cross-train with the Treasurer on payroll processing and payroll tax submission.
- Assist the Clerk in entering deposit and bills into accounting system if needed.
- Revenue/Deposits and Accounts Payable/Bills
- Assist Treasurer with annual tax levy.
- Tax Levy
- Assist Treasurer with TIF payments and reports.
- Assist Treasurer in preparing and entering annual budget.
- Assist Treasurer in audit preparations before and during the annual audit.
- Review 1099 reports and ensure W-9 forms are on file for appropriate vendors.
- 1099-MISC Processing
- Assist Treasurer in securing future loans and analyzing potential investments.
- Debt & Investments
- Assist Treasurer in preparing financial statements.
- Board Financial Statements
- Special Projects/Other Duties
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned by the Treasurer.
- Pass all aspects of pre-qualification screening process, background investigation and reference check. The assistant treasurer will be bonded.
- Accounting degree preferred, bookkeeping and Quickbooks experience required. Graduation from high school or equivalent required.
- Operate office equipment including copiers, facsimile machines, computers and scanners; input and retrieve data and text; organize and maintain document filing.
- Possess proficient written and verbal communications skills in the English language.
- Must be proficient with PC computer with current software applications primarily the Windows Office Suite. (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Adobe, Explorer, using Local Area Networks, Wide Area Network and Internet access).
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality of financial records, identity and privacy protection.
- Possess excellent analytical and research skills.