Electronics Recycling Options for Residents of McLean County:
AREA Disposal Inc.
Simply save the following types of items in a separate container, marked RECYCLE and place on the curb on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month.
RECYCLING MATERIAL ACCEPTED
Aluminum Cans, Trays & Foil (must be clean)
Aseptic Packaging & Gable Top Containers (Milk & Juice cartons)
Steel Cans and Tins
PET Soda, Water, and Flavored Beverage Bottles (#1 Clear and green plastic resin)
HDPE Milk and juice jugs (#2 plastic resin); such as health & beauty aid products
HDPE Detergent and Fabric Softener Containers (#2 colored plastic resin)
PVC Narrow Neck Containers Only (#3 plastic resin); such as health and beauty aid products and household cleaners.
LDPE Grocery Containers (#4 plastic resin)' such as margarine tubs, frozen desert cups, six and twelve pack rings.
PP Grocery Containers (#5 plastic resin); such as yogurt cups, and narrow neck syrup and ketchup bottles.
#7 Plastic Resin Narrow Neck Containers Only.
Plastic Buckets, such as kitty litter containers (5 gallon size maximum).
Glass Bottles and Jars (clear, brown, green) no window glass, dinnerware or ceramics.
1. All containers need to be emptied and rinsed clean.
2. No motor oil, insecticide, herbicide or hazardous chemical containers will be accepted.
3. Plastic bags should be returned to grocery or departments stores.
4. No plastic film, no plastic sheets, tarps or wrap)
5. No expanded foam or clear polystyrene per joint advisory from the Illinois Recycling Association, Illinois Department of Commerce & Community Affairs, and Region 5 US Environmental Protection Agency.